Butternut squash fries recipe
Serves 2 to 4
Prep. Time: 5 to 10 min.
Cooking Time: 25 min.
- 1 large butternut squash;
- ¼ cup of olive oil or coconut oil;
- 2-3 tsp. fresh dried herbs of your choice; (optional)
- Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- Cut the butternut squash in two and remove the seeds. Wash the middle and cut away the peel. Then cut the squash in wedges or sticks in your favorite size.
- In a bowl, evenly coat the butternut squash fries with the oil and the spices.
- On a baking plate, place the fries evenly on a single layer. You can place a piece of parchment paper between the cooking plate and the fries if you don’t want them to stick to the plate.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and crisp.
Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and serve.